Remote workers are on the rise in the UK and communications are changing in the workplace. An estimated 4 million people are working remotely, and these numbers are predicted to rise to half the workforce by 2020.
With this in mind, the necessity for a solid Unified Communications platform is needed more than ever.
We all know that the workplace is no longer limited to your office desk and many businesses have identified their communications platform as the weakest link when it comes to enabling flexible or remote working.
Having a system with the ability to ‘follow’ a worker depending on their location is becoming crucial. For example, if a member of the Sales team needs to leave the office, they don’t want to miss any calls. Having the facility to automatically forward these calls or ring a desk phone, soft phone and a Mobile Application simultaneously or ‘bouncing’ keeps the sales associate in constant contact with your customers and prospects.
This article by HR News talks about how remote working is increasing but these types of employees are feeling disconnected from the rest of the workforce and a lot of it is down to poor technologies and specifically the lack of ‘unified’ technology.
What Communication Needs Do Remote Workers Have?
To communicate effectively Remote Workers need to be able to:
- Receive calls that are made to the office from wherever they are
- Make and transfer calls to the rest of the team or other offices
- Access Phonebooks from anywhere
- Hold virtual meetings
- Make a simple video call without having to install 3rd party apps or other software
- Make calls from their PC or Laptop without the need to carry additional hardware
- See who’s available and who’s not (Presence)
- Transfer files to colleagues
- Chat with the rest of the team
… and this all needs to be done securely!
The Benefits Of A Good Unified Communications Platform
A good Unified Communications Platform cancels the distance between different sites and enables all users to collaborate as if they’re in the same office.
The benefits include:
- Streamline & enhance office communications
- Increase productivity
- Improve customer service
- Enable remote working
- Save time
- Provide all these requirements with one product / subscription
Which Unified Communications Solution Should You Choose?
There’s lots of Unified Communications providers to choose from but we have chosen to work with Wildix. The Wildix Unified Communications Solution ensures the best user experience through their single web interface and enables you to manage both internal and external communications across multiple channels.